Board of Directors Volunteer Posting
As we now have received our first grant from the Denver Foundation we would like to begin quickly recruiting our initial board of directors. We have three members of the said board as of now but would like to add four more. Persons do NOT need to reside in Colorado as our meetings will take place via Skype or Google Hangouts. All we need are folks who can be committed to the vision of this great organization.
Board Member Responsibilities
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fundraising for the organization. (Highly Encouraged not neccsarily a required task).
Qualifications for Applicants
- Be willing to sacrafice one hour a week for a Board Meeting.
- Prior experience with Non Profits highly encouraged but not required.
- Belief in our Vision of Teaching a New Generation the Art of Genealogy
- Be at least 18 Years or Older.
- If your wanting to volunteer with the children you must be able to pass a Background Check.
If you would love some Executive experience or philanthropic experience you are highly encouraged to apply below.